Sunday 14 February 2016

Unread Books



We all have them, those orphaned books that sit on our shelves unread despite our best intentions to read them. I find that I nearly get around to reading them, but then life gets in the way or another book I want to read is released and I read that instead.

I'm going to give you all the lowdown on which books are currently sat on my shelves, and have been for a good six months or more.

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


I think I got this one for Christmas one year off my brother, or maybe it was bought when there was a buy one get one free on books, but I never have got around to reading it. I've never watched the film either and, in all honesty, I've never been too intrigued by the series like I have with some others. If I find myself at a loss for what to read, I might pick it up, but it's not one that's at the top of my to read list.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


So The Hunger Games series was turned into the films...and I still haven't finished it. Honestly, I've never really jumped onto the bandwagon with this series. Other people love it, but I'm not the biggest fan, hence why I have yet to read the final book even though it's sitting on my shelf. I've also heard some negative reviews from friends regarding the final installment to the series, so I suppose that's influenced my decision too.

Resistance by CJ Daugherty


I fell in love with the Night School series so I have no idea why I started the penultimate book, and then put it down to not be read again for over a year. I can still remember what happened in the first few chapters, but I've just never got around to finishing it. It's really frustrating me that I haven't picked it up again, now that I think about it, especially because the final book has now been released - Endgame. Daughtery's protagonist is one of my all time favourites too, so this is one that I need to brush the dust off and open again.

A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin


I've started this book, and am maybe over 100 pages in, but it's just such a tough read. The book is fantastic, don't get me wrong, and the TV series is the perfect complement to the book, it's just so difficult to read Martin's intense writing style just before going to bed. It's one of those books you have to read every single word of or else you'll have to flick back a couple of pages to reread the whole chapter again. It's one I definitely want to try and finish, 
though, as I have the second book of the series sat on my shelf at home too.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas


This is a book I've heard good things about. Female assassin protagonist: check. Fantastical creatures in an equally fantastical land: check.   I was about to pick it up over Christmas, until I got the Harry Potter books as a gift and carried on with that series instead. It is a series I really want to give a shot, though, so I hope to read it soon. If not, it'll definitely be a summer read, when I have all the time in the world to drown myself in magical worlds and amazing new characters. 


Honestly, I could go on and on and on about books I haven't read; the list seems almost endless. Some days I wish I had all the time in the world to read some of them, or all of them, at once. Has anyone else out there got piles of books waiting to be read? Or have you read one of the books I've mentioned above and think they're definitely worth a read?

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment