Wednesday 10 February 2016

Welcome to my Blog


Hi, I'm Sophie and this is my new blog. I've been contemplating book blogging for a while now, after a friend of mine began blogging about a year ago, but the idea has been put on the back burner after the thrills and stresses of starting university. Finally, a little bit of a mental kick up the bum to do something with my life has lead me here today. 

I'm currently at university in the UK studying genetics, but I've always had a passion for books since I was young, both reading and writing them. Unfortunately, my own book is still swimming somewhere in my mind unwritten, but I'm hoping it'll leap out and flow from my fingertips some day.

At this moment in time, this blog will mostly consist of me talking about books that I'm currently reading or have read, and maybe the odd bit of my own writing thrown in for good measure. I generally read YA Lit, edging on the more supernatural/fantasy genre, but I'm not adverse to trying something different. Variety is the spice of life, right?

Currently, I'm reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by the infamous JK Rowling - because I'm a terrible person and haven't read the Harry Potter series yet - and The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black. So when I've finished one of them, I'll probably post something up about them.

However, one book I have on pre-order and am immensely looking forward to is Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. The reason for the massive excitement for me is my love of a character called Mark Blackthorn, who was briefly introduced to us a few times in Clare's final installment of The Mortal Instruments series, City of Heavenly Fire. I'm just excited to see what fate she's given him after all the snippets she's released on tumblr lately.

Are there any books anyone else is eagerly anticipating the release of?
Maybe some more Shadowhunters fans lurking out there reading this?

Sophie

2 comments:

  1. *raises hand* A Shadowhunters fan over here! And you are not a terrible person. Because if you are, I am more dreadful than you. (I've only read the first book of the Harry Potter series. Shhhh!)

    Hello Sophie! Welcome to the book blogging universe! I hope you enjoy the book blogging experience.

    Little Librocubicularist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Shadowhunters fan, yay! It's good to know I'm not the only one who hasn't read Harry Potter, though, as I've had so many people telling me I should. I'm about halfway through the second book now, I think.

      Thank you for the comment and the welcome. I look forward to continuing here and getting to know some other book bloggers too.

      Delete